Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Roy

This is Roy.

Roy is my rotting pumpkin.

Roy is awesome.

I got Roy on our class field trip to the pumpkin farm. I planned on carving Roy, but just never got around to it. So Roy sat on the steps like a good little pumpkin and he started to rot. Roy is still rotting.

I like Roy because he looks different everyday. He just keeps getting flatter and flatter and once he was oozing. That was a good day. Things are getting really exciting for Roy now. Somehow a little bit of his pumpkin skin peeled back and now you can see his spongy innards. It looks like the inside of a Nerf ball. Poor Roy.

Hubs wants me to get rid of Roy. I think that is horrible. I love Roy. I look forward to coming home to him.When I am at work I wonder about what he is going to look like that night. Hubs gave me a week to say goodbye to Roy. He told me it would by my responsibility to throw Roy away. I told him that was cruel and if he wanted Roy gone he would have to do it himself. He said Roy was my pumpkin and therefore my responsibility. I said I wasn't the one who wanted him gone. And so Roy has stayed and become my weird science experiment.

Roy is really fucking gross.

Tomorrow I have an interview with the local paper so they can do a story on Rare Disease Day (which is Feb. 29th). I am excited. It starts my four day weekend, which I am even more excited about. We are heading back to Big City Chicago this weekend to go to the Field Museum and this time I am letting the Hubs come along. It should be an enjoyable experience.

Spinal tap on Friday. I am soooo curious to find out what my pressure is. With all the rain we've been getting it feels like 103.

No comments:

Post a Comment