Friday, February 17, 2012

Pre-Spinal Tap Post

Dr. Awesome wants me to note how I feel the day I get my spinal tap. So I am noting it here. I plan on making Dr. Awesome read my blog if only so he can see what he truly looks like on the inside.

I have inserted his picture again so you can all be reminded.

Today I feel... ok. I have some slight pressure in my neck and ears but no headache. I am tired, but my dogs were on their mom has work schedule so it is the kind of tired you get when you get up too early. Damn dogs. I do have floaters though. Lots of floaters today and my eyes are showing a tendency to find it easier to remain unfocused.

We are going to go around 1 I think so I will blog afterwards and tell everyone how it went.

I am nervous.

There is a large part of me that worries that I don't really have IIH. Isn't that silly? I have proof in the form of excess spinal fluid that is sitting on a shelf at the Doosh's place right now as well as fundus pictures of my swollen optic nerves but still a large part of me wonders if this is all in my head. I mean, I guess I know that I have have IIH but what if my pressure is normal? Then why do I feel like such crap? Is that all in my head?

On the flip side I am petrified that my pressure is high and that I will have to take a million grams of acetazolamide. Not only is that shit not cheap, but the side effects are less than awesome. And then what if that doesn't work? Suddenly I'm staring into the eyes of a shaved head and a shunt. Well shit.

So yeah, my emotions are mixed. Excuse me, I think I need to go and look at cute pictures on the internet for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment