Sunday, February 26, 2012

Moar Cookies

Today I must bake.

Baking for my brain. Brains love baking. Cookies for a cure (I like that one!).

As I will be getting a spinal tap on Rare Disease Day proper I am "celebrating" it tomorrow at work. I figure that will give everyone at work time to make plans for the day as well. I am sure they will be elaborate. Don't worry. I informed everyone I would not be at work on the day so they don't feel pressured to arrange a parade for me.

And the Hubs claims I am self centered.

I think a cold is official. There is drainage and a sore throat to back up that assessment. This is not good. I hate colds. They are a job hazard.

I also have to clean the bathroom floor. There is mud.

I wish Dr. Awesome was going to be at my spinal tap. I would even take Dr. Cowboy. Someone I know would be nice. I have never had a procedure like this with a stranger. When I went in for kidney stone things my urologist was always there. Sometimes he even tried to comfort me awkwardly (he had a terrible bedside manner). So there was a familiar face and someone I kind of trusted doing the actual procedure. I won't know this person. They will just be sticking a giant needle in my back. And who will awkwardly pat my shoulder and call me little girl (Dr. Uro totally did that - strange)? I guess the Hubs will have to step in.

No comments:

Post a Comment