Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Field Museum

Things I learned at the Field Museum yesterday...

I am incredibly immature.

This man is my brother from another mother. My sister from another mister. A man descended from ancient peoples who has decided to wear a rather low cut top. As I stood stroking his cleavage (this was a photograph people, not a real man) and asking my friends if they thought his top too low cut it occured to me that I may not be getting what I am supposed to be out of this experience.

This is a picture of two bugs having sex. There was a whole bug sex display. I couldn't help but imagine the person who had to pose those little buggies in sexual positions. Do you think he enjoyed it? I imagine it is a peaceful job, but what do you tell the wife and kids when you get home from work?

"So what position did you go with honey?"

"Doggie style, I wanted to think of you when I looked at them." Weird.


And then there was the poop search. I may have learned that some butterflies drink poop juice. I may have sent this information to Mrs. Rocketship because I knew the boys would be excited to know about this. She instructed me to learn about things other than poop at the Field Museum. I of course spent the whole day looking for something about poop. I had no idea there would be so little poop information in the Field Museum. Finally in the last exhibit Sprockets found me poop. He is my hero.

So yeah. Field Museum was pretty cool. The only thing I cannot get used to is how tired I get. I used to have so much more energy, but by the end of the day I was beat. I had a headache, which I am going to chalk up to lack of food, but the exhaustion was the really horrible part. I would have been tired before, but this was like barely hold your head up and prop your eyes open with tooth picks tired. Just something I will have to get used to I guess.

5 comments:

  1. katie i am reading your internet-based journaling life archives in the form of "blog"

    just thought you'd like to know :3

    -tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. also i really REALLY hate this font :(

    ReplyDelete