Friday, March 9, 2012

Luck

I found this blog.

I like it but it makes me sad.

It is about a young couple. The husband was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor a few months after they were married. This blog is amazing and I admire their strength.

I think I feel connected to them because it is there but for the grace for me. I think about how that could have been me. I flash back to the day I was diagnosed and the ophthalmologist telling me it was either a brain tumor or MS.

And sure, sometimes I worry about my future and I worry about getting a shunt and I worry about so many things, but I should be grateful that I HAVE a future to worry about. I know this will not kill me while this couple doesn't have that comfort. I could not admire their strength more.

It was recently their 3rd anniversary and all Tashi (the wife) wants to get her husband is an autograph from Nathan Fillion. She wants to make sure this anniversary is special because she is worried that it is his last. I am trying to be helpful but I am not nearly influential enough. Anyone know how to get in touch with Nathan Fillion?

There are stories like this all across America. There really needs to be a make a wish for adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment