Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Your Nerves are Swollen

Look at this image on top. This is an optic nerve with moderate papilledema. This is kind of what my optic nerves look like.












Look at this optic nerve. It is normal. See the crisp edges around the egg looking thing there? That means it is normal. Mine do not look like this.

I went to the ophthalmologist today. He took pictures of my eyes and gave me a visual field test. Although my eyes are by no means back to normal he did not seen alarmed and seemed to think I was progressing pretty normally.

But wait, what is a visual field test? Well, it is awesome. You look into this dome thing and stare at a light in the center and click a clicker when you see a little light. It checks for blind spots in your peripheral vision. Although mine were a little bit larger that normal it was to be expected with the swelling I have. So nothing to be alarmed about.

All in all a pretty great appointment. He is faxing the visual field to my neuro as well as emailing the pictures of my optic nerves and the neuro will determine what to do next and how often I will have to see the eye doctor. It was all pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment