Thursday, December 15, 2011

Double Post Day!

Oh man. I just sat down for the first time all day. Weeooo. I am not even making half of what I planned due to forgotten ingredients and a serious lack of motivation. Although I am not done yet, I am in the home stretch and I have a little bit of time to put my feet up.



The cake is super cool though. 7 layers of super thin cake all separated by frosting and caramel on the top. Mmmmmmm.

The librarian at school recommended a book to me. It is called Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper. It is about a girl who has severe CP. She can't eat on her own, talk, walk, and can only move her arms and hands slightly. Since she can't communicate no one knows how smart she is, but it just so happens that she has a photographic memory. She has been doing the same preschool level curriculum her whole life because she can't communicate. Yet another example of how it could totally be worse as well as a stark reminder to treat everyone like a person. You don't know what complicated thoughts and feelings are going on in their heads.

Tomorrow is the last day of school before break and I am pretty much the most excited person on the planet. I have a ton of baking to do, but otherwise I plan on cleaning my house and relaxing. I will nap. I will nap copious amounts.

On the PTC front pretty good day over all. I have been achy across my shoulders, but I did sleep on the couch last night to keep my head a bit elevated so that might have something to do with it. A more comfortable lazy boy might need to be in my future.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment