Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nargle Blarble?

I am exhausted.

I think this week has been characterized by that feeling, complete and utter exhaustion. The frustrating thing is that I cannot sleep at night. I have had to take something every night this week because I was having trouble falling asleep.

I got a message from someone who was recently diagnosed with IH. She has a lot of the textbook symptoms. She was told it was all in her head. Even though she is on a medicine that has been known to cause it. Even though her symptoms fit right in. She was tentatively diagnosed with IH and was STILL being told that it was all in her head. She had to fight with her PCP just to get a referral to a neuro.

I am enraged.

This is exactly what needs to stop with this disorder. Do a fucking spinal tap and call it a day. It is not a difficult or really painful procedure. So just do it, see that the pressure is elevated, get the girl some meds and stop tell her she is crazy.

Living with this makes you feel crazy enough as it is. You don't need people in positions of authority to be telling you you are insane as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment