Friday, January 20, 2012

I might have smelled like pee

I wasn't going to blog today. I thought I had nothing of importance to report. While it is insanely snowy, my dogs ruined my new electric blanket, and I used my accelerator three times my whole drive home none of that is IIH related

Then I realized why I came home feeling like I had a bad day. I was convinced I smelled like cat pee.

Initially I thought it was a specific student who smelled of feline urine, but the smell was not always around him. Yet I could still smell it and I could not pin point the source leading me to believe that the smell must be coming from myself. Even though I do not own a cat and all of the clothes on my body were freshly washed I still felt like Pigpen for most of the day.

Now that I am home I have realized that I do not smell like cat urine. I also realized I did not smell cat urine when I was out of the classroom and I have not smelled cat urine since I got home. I also realized I do not own a cat.

What I did realize was this is the second time in a week (or maybe two) that I have smelled something that no one else has seemed to. Last time it was perfume. Women's perfume. As we have a classroom full of boys I doubt one of them was the culprit, but that didn't stop me from running around smelling them all. I think I might be experiencing phantom smells.

I just had an MRI and CT two months ago so I have a pretty strong feeling I do not have a brain tumor but when I googled whether others have experienced phantom smells I only found one person who made a passing comment many moons ago.

So I don't know. It seems odd that I would only experience the phantom smells in our classroom, but I do spend a significant amount of time there so maybe it is a law of averages thing? Regardless, just another question for the neuro. I need to make a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment