Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Trust

I have been dealing a lot with trust lately.

I come with baggage. Lots of baggage. Sometimes it feels like I am dragging a U-Haul behind me. A little bit of my baggage is past relationship related. That's three or four boxes. Most of my baggage is IIH related.

By nature IIH can be a lot to take in. I look perfectly healthy. Most days I can do all of the things I could do before. I am stubborn so mostly I refuse to let it stop me. But there are times when it does stop me. There are things I can't do.

The children question.

I can have children, but they might have IIH. I can have children, but I might have to have spinal taps each week because they don't know if my meds are safe to take until 20 weeks. I can have children, but I don't know that I will be able to SEE them.

The fact that the acetazolamide could stop working and I might need a shunt. The fact that the shunt might not work and then I won't work.

Is that fair to saddle someone with?

Most of the time I feel like the answer to that question is no. But luckily it's not my choice. I don't get to decide what someone else can live with.

And that's where trust comes in. Which is slightly scary for me. But I am getting ok with it.

And just a bonus... Prom Date on prom.

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment