Thursday, June 28, 2012

Loss

Well. We have lost one of our fishie family.

He passed quietly in the bowl surrounded by those he loved.

He will be missed.

We didn't flush him but instead gave him a burial (I use the term burial loosely, it was more of a toss) in the backyard. The neighbor boy almost stepped on him when I was taking him out back for a swing in the hammock. Poor Wobbly (that's the fish, not the neighbor boy).

I will wear my black arm band for the required mourning period. Does anyone know what the required mourning period is for a fish?

Prom Date's parents are coming over for dinner tonight. I had the bright idea to make lasagna on the hottest day of the summer. Don't judge. So today will be a cooking and cleaning day. I made the sauce and my cake yesterday which means I just have to throw together rolls and the lasagna. Easy peasy lemon squeesy.

Speaking of the Prom Date's rents they got me the cutest apron from a car show this weekend. It is a cupcake apron and they got me a matching petticoat to make it poof. So flipping adorable. And funny, because I totally had an apron almost exactly like it on my Amazon wishlist.

I guess I better get going. Someone left the kitchen a mess yesterday. I wonder who that could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment