Saturday, June 2, 2012

Eyeballs

I know I said I was going the the eye doctor weeks ago, but I lied.

I went to the eye doctor but the appointment had been made with the wrong person so I had to reschedule. Today was the day I rescheduled for.

Dr. Straightman is pretty awesome. He is super nice and I think interested in me. I am rare you see. So he did the whole standard exam and my corrected vision is still 20/20. This is very good as it means the swelling that I had did not cause me to lose vision.

Then he looked at my optic nerves. I have such big eyes that they don't even have to dilate me. There is NO SWELLING in either nerve. This is awesome. The headaches are manageable and there is no swelling which means that even though my pressure is slightly high I can stay on my current dose of acetazolamide.

The only negative was that he saw some permanent damage to my left optic nerve. I guess something about the color indicated there was slight damage from how swollen it was the first time. He said that it probably would hardly be noticeable.

So all in all a great appointment.

Happy Saturday! Or as I like to call it, nap day.

No comments:

Post a Comment