Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bummer Tummer

I kind of have a tummy ache. I think it is from the Hubs. Thanks Hubs.

I had a pretty awesome day. It was an early dismissal so the Hubs and I drove out to get my birth certificate as I needed a copy. We went to the wrong courthouse but ended up eating lunch at this terrible little diner. While disgusting for the most part they had the best fries. If you know me at all you know that french fries are my favorite food.

Only at this particular restaurant they did not call them french fries. Oh no. They were called...

Freedom Fries.

I had a tingly face all afternoon. I actually took a nap so I didn't have to feel the tingling anymore. It was my temples and around my eyes. My lower eyelids. Down into my cheeks. Kind of terrible. OK, super terrible.

There are a lot of things that I hate about IIH but the tingly face is the worst. It is impossible to ignore because it tickles and it kind of makes me want to cry. I was laying out in my hammock snuggled up in my favorite blanket with the sun on my face and I was totally distracted by the pins and needles around my eyelids.

Stupid acetazolamide.

Then I google it of course just to see if it is normal and I find that yeah, it is. I also find that some people feel it when their shunts malfunction. And then I remember how lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment