Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blood Pressure

So I saw my PCP the other day.

He is super nice.

He is the reason that I was diagnosed so quickly and also the reason, in a round about way, that I ended up with Dr. Awesome. He needs a name but I do not have the mental capacity to think of one right now. So that will have to wait.

But anyway, he took my blood pressure and it was slightly elevated which it typically is in his office. So we got to talking about it.

Turns out, IIH can cause elevated blood pressure.

He said that the brain needs blood and increased ICP makes it harder for the brain to get blood. That means your body has to work harder causing high blood pressure. He said it is something we would have to monitor but because of my strong family history I most likely just have high blood pressure.

Still, it's interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment