Saturday, May 26, 2012

Few and Far Between

Sometimes you like songs because you hope someone else will identify with them.

My updates have been so few and far between because I have been doing so well! So few headaches.

Thursday night I didn't make it to the pharmacy in time and I was completely and totally out of acetazolamide. This meant that I missed my dose of acetazolamide at night and then the pharmacy doesn't open until 9 so I was going to miss it in the morning as well. : / not good. The last time I missed acetazolamide was when I was first diagnosed. There were allergy issues and so we had to wait to hear from the doctor to make sure everything was ok. I ended up in the hospital.

Things were even more complicated because I still don't have a car. So it wasn't like I could sneak out and pick up my prescription at the pharmacy by school. Plus my mom was out of town for the week. So she couldn't even help me out. It had the potential to be very very bad.

Then Prom Date stepped in.

"So do you need to me to get your prescription when the pharmacy opens tomorrow?" nod.
"Do you need me to bring it to school?" nod.
"Are you going to be ok until then?" shrug.

He has been wonderful this week. Not only carting me back and forth to school but also trying to help me find a car. Both he and TJizzle have gone a long way to helping me start rebuilding my confidence that has been kind of shattered.

Things tend to get messed up in your mind even if you are the one who walks away.

But now I have not one but two leads on cars and an interview for a summer job on Tuesday. I am pretty excited about it.

Happy Summer Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment