Sunday, July 15, 2012

Headaches

Shhhh, Prom Date is sleeping.

This whole working nights business is stupid. Like, really stupid.

Last night we went to a rib fest in our little town. It was fun. And Prom Date's mom asked how I was feeling as I had been having pretty consistent but super mild headaches for the past few days. I replied that I was better, but it lead to a discussion about how I know what kind of headache it is.

This is an interesting question and one I have discussed with Dr. Awesome at length. We have worked out a system. I ask myself four questions...

1. Have I eaten today?
2. Have I had enough water today?
3. Have I had caffeine today?
4. Did I sleep last night?

If any of those things need to be fixed I try to remedy the situation. If they don't need to be fixed or the fix doesn't work I take three or four Motrin, depending on the headache. If THAT doesn't work then it is safe to assume it is a pressure headache.

A pressure headache WILL NOT go away unless you reduce the pressure. And so, that's how I know. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment